WELCOME TO FOUR PEAKS's 5TH GRADE HONORS CLASS
As We Learn, We Practice
Vital Life Skills To Become::
Practical Problem Solvers
- use curiosity as a drive not to just ask, but to actively seek answers
- use knowledge in our mental 'toolboxes' in new ways
Efficient Time Managers
- recognize moments in time as useful units
- learn to compartmentalize tasks
- ABT - always be thinking. 'Pre-loading the brain'
- practice flexibility
In Control of One's Own Destiny
- avoid victim behaviors - AHAA
- practice in-control language and cognizance: replace, "I didn't have time..." with "I didn't make time..."
Four Peaks' 5th grade honors class offers a combination of traditional instruction and experiential learning. Our students are encouraged to approach their education with curiosity, tenacity, and a strong sense of ownership.